The Australia New Zealand Lung Cancer Nurses Forum (ANZ-LCNF) launched October 2010, is a group of passionate nurses with a common focus of improving patient care, health care delivery and outcomes for lung cancer patients, their families and carers.
This network provides an opportunity for debate, education and knowledge transfer throughout the continuum of treatment.
Established by Lung Foundation Australia and endorsed by the Cancer Nurses Society of Australia (CNSA), this special interest group also encourages nurses who have extensive experience to mentor those nurses who are new to the area.
To promote a standardised, evidence-based approach to the nursing care delivery for all people affected by a thoracic cancer including Lung Cancer and Mesothelioma.
- Provide members with opportunities for networking, support and education
- Establish a trans-Tasman communication forum for nurses working in lung cancer/Mesothelioma care
- Encourage the use and evaluation of evidence-based approaches to the delivery of patient care
- Source and promote evidence-based educational resources for patients, their families and lung cancer nurses and where necessary, develop new resources responsive to patient and family needs
- Contribute to a national voice on strategic and clinically relevant issues
- Clinical practice recommendations
- Establish collaborations/partnerships with likeminded organisations
- Work with Consumers to empower patients and their carers
ANZ-LCNF TERMS OF REFERENCE
Click here to download.